Ned Ryun continues his series on the Constitutional Convention.
In this Episode:
- The Constitution enters the ratification phase as dictated by Article VII.
- Alexander Hamilton, James Madison and John Jay author the Federalist Papers to convince New York citizens to ratify the Constitution.
- Anti-Federalists George Clinton and Robert Yates lobby against the Constitution in their own writings, but are largely overshadowed by the Federalist Papers.
- A look at the first states to ratify the Constitution.
- Examining three important Federalist Papers: Number 10 (a discussion on factions and contrasting democracies and republics), Number 51 (a discussion on the need of government, checks and balances and separation of powers), and Number 78 (a discussion on the judicial branch).