Ned Ryun Continues His Series, “Days of Revolution.” Listen to Episode 9, “The Sugar Act of 1764.”
In this episode:
- The passing of The Sugar Act of 1764 and its contribution to the stirring of colonial rebellion.
- Taxation by the British Parliament in response to growing debts from the French and Indian War.
- The colonial response to The Sugar Act including efforts led by Samuel Adams.
- The growing unification of the colonies based on common plight.
- The stage is set for future conflicts over an overbearing British Parliament.