Ned Ryun Continues His Series, “Days of Revolution.” Listen to Episode 13, “The Stamp Act and the Dawn of Popular Resistance.”
In this episode:
- The high price tag of defending western frontiers and public debt leads British’s Parliament to pass The Stamp Act of 1765.
- The act begins the first unified resistance from the colonies against the crown.
- The act is enforced through Admiralty Courts.
- Samuel Adams leads resistance in Massachusetts.
- Committees of Correspondence help the colonies produce a uniform response.
- The resistance has only begun, culminating in a war and a new nation.