Ned Ryun continues his series on the Constitutional Convention.
In this Episode:
- The final debates at the Constitutional Convention center on signing questions.
- Elbridge Gerry, George Mason and Edmund Randolph all voice displeasure with the document and refuse to sign.
- A committee on style is formed to write the Constitution.
- A Bill of Rights is proposed and debated, but soundly defeated, only for the issue to be resurrected again during the ratification debates.
- Washington supports a measure to increase representation in the House to win over dissenters, but the dissenters refuse to sign.
- The Constitution is signed and the debate for its ratification begins.
History of the Constitutional Convention Episode 25 [ 16:00 ] Play Now | Play in Popup | Download