Ned Ryun continues his series on the Constitutional Convention.
In this Episode:
- The Ratification Debates continue.
- Massachusetts ratifies based on the leading of Samuel Adams and John Hancock and support for a Bill of Rights.
- Maryland ratifies despite Luther Martin’s opposition.
- South Carolina ratifies, while North Carolina remains an Anti-Federalist stronghold.
- New Hampshire becomes the ninth state to ratify, fulfilling the obligations required by the Philadelphia Convention.
- Titans clash in Virginia, but the Constitution is ratified with an agreement to later support a Bill of Rights.
- New York, North Carolina and Rhode Island eventually ratify.
- A new government is formed and a Bill of Rights is passed.